Welcome to Scholastica
Settle for more

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Reading: Accelerated Learning Ability

In highschool I used to sit next to a very bright girl who was reading incessantly. No, I mean the whole day, somehow she was reading in class, before class, on her way to class, and afterclass. I was in awe of her talents. I watched her carefully and soon realized she had a new book everyday. Looking closer I saw the speed at which she was turning the pages and I had an AHA moment, suddenly jumping out of my seat and shouting, "There is no way in hell you are understanding any of that! I call BullSHIT!"
So obviously she wasnt thrilled with my accusation. She peered up with her nerdy spectacles and looked me square in the face, "you retard, why dont you go read your dragon ball z comics in french, cause i know thats all you like to read." Its true, I had a fetish for dbz... but i got over it okay!
Anyways, she wasnt quite so forward, but her response gave the same impression.
I tested her.
Several times I asked her to read a segement and then tell me what its about, and everytime she was perfect. Even better then perfect.
I went home that day to ponder. Rushing to my computer I looked up "Read Fast" and I would soon discover that what she is... really exists. She was a speed reader!
Since this blog is about success in school primarily, I want to give you a sure fire accelerated learning program from learning how to speed read and absorb far more information then you think is possible.

Go to the following site and take the test to check your speed and learn more about speedreading.

http://www.readingsoft.com/

Dan and Rico

No comments: