Welcome to Scholastica
Settle for more

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Holograph and the implicate

So I've been reading a lot the last few days, in particular this one book entitled the Holographic universe. I know, heavy stuff..... Basically, and I mean it, basically, it's an alternative theory to/incorporating quantum mechanics- dealing in principle with the nature of reality.

The theory explains the interconnectedness of all things, and provides a creadible explination of paranomrmal occurences. Everything we see and experience is simply a holograph of sorts, the interaction of frequencies and patterns which are converted -just like a computer converts binary code/or numbers- into meaning.

The theory extends into everything from quantum mechanics into the nonlocation of memories stored in the animal brain.

The elusive unified field theory which Einstein once sought is rationalized and justified in this cutting edge scientific/philosophical adventure. I found the book extremely insightful at the start but towards the end falls short of my high expectaions. Otherwise I would have been intrigued, but the descriptions of miracles and the author's psychic/telekinetic abilites made me less then reasured. Personally I have not witnessed any "miracles", and it must be stated that my own reality is limited to things which I have observed or witnessed.

There were many parts however which resonated with me 01100101 *computer code- including the incorporation of Jung's collective unconscious and the undeniable fact of synchronicity- the occurrence of two events which are random but too close to be described by chance.

Overall, there were moments when my whole understanding of the universe felt like it had become unhinged and I was deeply moved by the contentions of the proponents of Holographic implicate and explicit orders of reality. BAH- just read the book.

It is well worth a read if you want a ride away from your absolute certainties and belief systems. It's good sometimes to keep these things in check.

No comments: