Welcome to Scholastica
Settle for more

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Regards to Angular Impulse and Momentum

So I'm currently studying for a mechanical engineering dynamics exam and it isn't what I would call fun. The whole theory makes no sense to me and makes me question my choice in majors. There are times that I revel at the beauty of physics, but other times my stomach gets upset and my head starts spinning. I think my violent rejection is caused by the incompatibility of logic and meaningless symbols with my current schema/ box of handy dandy mental equations.
So far I have grappled with relative velocities and have handled many of newtons laws to some successful degree, however, the rotational kinematics of rigid systems is begin to take its toll on my patience.

Do you think I should give up, or apply my Maurice Richard derived "principia" of tenacity...? je ne sais pas!

No comments: